Old May 9th 17, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Things Named After The Current Queen

Offramp wrote:
On Monday, 8 May 2017 14:33:30 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:

Wasn't the "Neverstop Railway" one of the great attractions at the Exhibition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_MlWL7YKM

I am surprised that the corkscrew effect isn't used more often to
transport people small distances, particularly as an escalator in a confined area.

It looks like a sort of Archimedes Screw, but it's really a worm drive.
It's often used in screw jacks and I think in some low rise elevators as
well.