Old May 15th 17, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default 60+ London Oyster photocard.

On 15/05/2017 12:12, Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2017 11:46:42 +0100, Robin wrote:

Does anyone else remember what they did with one of these on their first day?

No. But I do remember how pleased I was when I discovered the new
ticket machines at my nearest Overground station sold tickets from
Boundary Zone 6, avoiding the need to play "guess how long to allow for
the ticket office queue".

Do you know if Underground ticket machines can do the same? I've not
managed to do so, and I've bought extension tickets from the actual
ticket office (remember those?) at Overground stations.

AIUI that's a definite maybe with a promise of shortly yes.

I have bought BZ6 tickets at machines at underground stations (eg
Victoria) when there were queues locally. But I think that was as part
of a trial.

I have checked today and see TfL reported in March[1]

"Our trials of providing both boundary extension tickets for customers
in possession of non-Zone 1 Travelcards and discounted National Rail
through tickets in late 2016 were successful. This additional
functionality will be made available at all stations as part of a
planned system upgrade in May 2017."

HTH

[1]
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/csopp-2017...ction-plan.pdf