Old May 19th 17, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Two-thirds of DLR fleet to be replaced

On Fri, 19 May 2017 07:26:37 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
David C wrote:
The old DLR stock may have second-value if they're in good nick, just as
the original stock did. For example, I wonder if the T&W Metro could use
them? The current Metro stock is much older, and is due to be replaced in
a few years, just when the DLR trains could be available.

They're the right size, but whether the geordies would want 2nd hand cast offs
from London is another matter entirely.

T&W 's 1.5kV operating voltage might be a problem though?

I'd have thought that would be easily dealt with.

If it was AC yes - you change or re-tap the transformer, job done. DC I
suspect is not so simple. I imagine a lot of the front end power electronics
would have to be replaced.

--
Spud