Old May 22nd 17, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Victoria line signals

On Monday, 15 May 2017 10:24:48 UTC+1, wrote:
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?

--
Spud

I think all platforms have retained station starter signals as well as the old style repeaters. I think the starter signals are in case the drivers need to drive the train in degraded mode whereas the repeaters are to aid platform dispatch.

--
Paul C
via Google