Old May 22nd 17, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Victoria line signals

On Mon, 22 May 2017 04:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Monday, 15 May 2017 10:24:48 UTC+1, wrote:
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?

--
Spud

I think all platforms have retained station starter signals as well as the old
style repeaters. I think the starter signals are in case the drivers need to

Tbh it actually looks like a new LED style light. Curiously the driver started
closing the doors before the signal had actually gone green so I'm presuming
the computer in his cab gets the green light (pun intended) slightly before the
trackside signalling system.

Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?

--
Spud