Old May 23rd 17, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

Ding Bat wrote:
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 1:23:22 AM UTC+5:30, Recliner wrote:
Ding Bat wrote:
If, hypothetically, the judge finds that Heathrow has the right to levy
this charge, it would be possible to charge less per train by running
more trains by adding more destinations. Heathrow Connect to Paddington
is slated to be phased out in favor of Crossrail to Paddington.

No, the 9-car, 4 tph Crossrail trains will go from Heathrow T4 to Abbey
Wood. They will replace the 5-car, 2 tph Heathrow Connect service to
Paddington.

To Paddington en route to a further destination, I mean. From Paddington,
some will go on to Abbey Wood, others will go on to Shenfield and still
others might take the route to Shenfield but turn back at some point before Shenfield.

You make it sound like there will be thousands of Crossrail trains from
Heathrow following many different routes. In reality, I believe all four
Heathrow Crossrail services per hour will go to Abbey Wood, not Shenfield.
This may be partly because of the Crossrail funding that came from Canary
Wharf.