Old May 23rd 17, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 23/05/2017 16:36, d wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:35:02 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
But passengers in transit through the hub still require airlines to
prepare, clean, fuel and crew aircraft, transfer baggage, and make and
deliver on-board meals.

Transit passengers are therefore making much the same demands (and
providing much the same revenue) for the local economy as non-transit
passengers.

Given that the staff can come from anywhere I doubt the "local" economy
sees many benefits at all.

Most of the routine service and clerical staff do tend to come from the
immediate surrounding area.

OTOH The extra traffic might reduce it quite
significantly if people stop bothering visiting the shops or companies.

Do many people travel to Heathrow just to visit the shops?

in the first place. Without the transit passengers the airlines might
decide not to run them (or as many) at all.

One could only hope.

Ah, yes. You don't believe in travel do you?

I guess people who afraid of flying begrudge others' right to travel.