Old May 24th 17, 02:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

On Wed, 24 May 2017 13:54:06 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Why? You see a friends brother happens to be an ATC at city airport which is
why I already knew about that plan to lay them off, sorry , "transfer". And
guess what? They use the angled windows to look out and keeps tabs on what

is
going on right beneath them when appropriate. So all you so called aviation
experts can shoev your google answers where the angled windows don't reach.

I visited a friend who works in Stansted Tower. Their desks are several
metres from the windows - there are steps down from the control floor to a
walkway next to the windows, which also allows maintenance access to the
back of the desk equipment cabinets. To look downward out of the windows
the controllers would have to 'unplug' and walk from their desk several
metres to get to the window. It wasn't mentioned as something they ever
did, though I didn't specifically ask.

Its an as and when apparently, presumably when they're worried about ground
vehicle movements conflicting with planes or something like that.

--
Spud