Old May 25th 17, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ding Bat Ding Bat is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 4:01:07 PM UTC+5:30, tim... wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
05:59:21 on Wed, 24 May 2017, Ding Bat
remarked:
If construction is allowed in this pipe-dream, then the plan is to
extend the line through Terminal 5 towards Slough.

Ah, so there's such a thing already in the works! Thanks for the
information.
The underground portion of that line will be from T5 to Langley,
according
to this:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-35803950

Projects like that are a minimum of five years late, so if it was
suggested they might start tunnelling soon, don't hold your breath until
2016 + 5 years work + 5 years standard delay for an actual service.

Has it even been approved yet (genuine question).

As I have posted before,

I started my career working at Feltham and there was a proposal then for
(what is most recently called) "Heathrow Airtrack " to connect to (what I
will call, for the benefit of our obviously American friend) London South
Western lines to Reading/ Woking and beyond, which would be built within 5
years.

I am now with 5 years of retirement, and it is still nothing more than a
proposal and even further away than 5 years from ever being built

Extending the track to T4 further beyond would seem to take it to Feltham; it looks like a natural route on the map.

Bloody good job I didn't stay living in Feltham on this basis of this
"promised" new service.

What's wrong with living in Feltham without this new service? The rich in Belgravia are moving to Fulham to make way for the super-rich. The masses would have to live even further away for affordability; Feltham seems not that much further than Fulham.