Old May 25th 17, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

In message , at
07:14:14 on Thu, 25 May 2017, Ding Bat
remarked:
I started my career working at Feltham and there was a proposal then for
(what is most recently called) "Heathrow Airtrack " to connect to (what I
will call, for the benefit of our obviously American friend) London South
Western lines to Reading/ Woking and beyond, which would be built within 5
years.

I am now with 5 years of retirement, and it is still nothing more than a
proposal and even further away than 5 years from ever being built

Extending the track to T4 further beyond would seem to take it to Feltham; it
looks like a natural route on the map.

AIUI the problem is the extra delays at level crossings which such a
route would generate.