Old May 25th 17, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 25/05/2017 09:40, d wrote:
On Wed, 24 May 2017 17:06:22 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 24/05/2017 09:29,
d wrote:
Why? You see a friends brother happens to be an ATC at city airport which is
why I already knew about that plan to lay them off, sorry , "transfer". And
guess what? They use the angled windows to look out and keeps tabs on what is
going on right beneath them when appropriate. So all you so called aviation
experts can shoev your google answers where the angled windows don't reach.

Another of your famous "friends"?

Huh? He's not a friend, he's a brother of a friend.

My sister is an ATC and she reckons the windows are angled to stop
reflections.

"Reckons"? Anyway, there doesn't have to be just one purpose. Perhaps the
reflections was the initial reason and a side effect was it led to better
visuals. Or vice verca.

It leads to better visibility because there are no reflections.

That's clearly (ha ha) the number one reason. The second reason is to
reduce the number of rain drops on the windows. As a by-product, it may
also help downward visibility, but only with control towers that allow
close access to the windows (many have desks and screens in the way). If
they really need a direct view down (irrelevant with most control towers),
a downward pointing camera will be much more useful, providing better
vision without leaving the desk.