Old May 29th 17, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default BA IT collapse -- what effect on ttains?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:46:34 on Mon, 29
May 2017, Neil Williams remarked:

That's why it's not wise to make precise accusations at this stage.
Of
course, any professional data centre shouldn't collapse for most of a day
if there's a power supply problem. It should have UPS
But unlikely to have hours worth of UPS.

If it's business-critical, generators to power for an indefinite period
(provided fuel is added) should be present.

Yes, but that's not a UPS.

You obviously need both, as I said in my post upthread, and as everyone
posting in this thread well understands. There's no need for you to
nit-pick. The UPS takes over the instant mains power is lost, but the
backup diesel and/or gas turbine gennies should be on-line within minutes.
They should be capable of running the whole data centre indefinitely.