Old May 30th 17, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Crossrail 2 hits the buffers

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
d wrote:
I can't see the need for crossrail 2. We already have Thameslink and in
north london there's the moorgate line.

I think those lines are pretty full in the peak.

If its simply to improve the public
transport in hackney then just build a new tube line or branch off the
victoria line

The victoria line isn't exactly renowned for half-full trains; and
I don't think there's much scope for increasing the capacity much.

It also doesn't improve public transport in Chelsea.

according to the article that I read, removal of the station in Chelsea is
being considered in order to keep CR2 on track, and it's something that is
actually welcomed by the residents

tim