Old May 28th 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Bottled water on tube

On Thu, 27 May 2004 00:08:11 +0100, Kat
wrote in :
In message , John
writes
Last year our mate Ken made lots of noises about requiring TfL to get on
with cooling the tube, etc. It all seems to have gone quiet - anyone
know whether any progress has been made?

Only mention I've seen recently on the posters about carrying water in
hot weather refers to "new technologies" for cooling the tube.
Maybe they are looking into geothermal heat pumps...

Or maybe they read our thread here a few years ago where we
calculated the viability of using ice to cool carriages...

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN