Old June 24th 17, 08:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Class 345 in service (Crossrail Elizabeth Line)

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 19:54:35 on Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Recliner
remarked:
Can we thus assume that Phase I of Crossrail service has started, with
the first 345 wheels turning in anger?

Well, sort of. They're not using the Elizabeth line branding yet, as the
current route is no different to what it was before the new trains were
introduced, though there's been lots of trackwork. You could have done
exactly the same trip long ago.

And, this isn't even the first Crossrail track to be used: the Stockley
Flyover has that claim to fame.
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/news/articles/major-milestone-reached-in-the-construction-of-stockley-flyover

So Heathrow Connect's use of the Stockley Flyover from the end of 2014
could be said to be the first phase of Crossrail to have been brought into
use.

And the 345s aren't even phase 2; the Acton diveunder probably gets that
award:
https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/201...on-dive-under/

So this latest development might be best described as the third phase of
Crossrail to come into use (unless I've missed out any others!).

They've been doing trackwork south of Shenfield station, and it's
possible that some new movements, which that permits, are in service.
But I've not been on site.