Old June 25th 17, 12:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Class 345 in service (Crossrail Elizabeth Line)

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Recliner wrote on 24 Jun 2017 at 23:18
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\06\24 15:20, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.railtechnologymagazine.co...rain_arriving_
at_Ilford_depot.jpg

Why does the orange line on the front curve upward? If it's supposed to
represent a safe distance from zap, shouldn't it curve downward if
anything?

Isn't it just decorative?

No, it's a warning line to indicate the upper limit of safe working
under a live overhead wire. You see them on any train that operates
under the wires. See the link I provided earlier.

As far as I can see, you see them on any train whether it operates under the
wires or not.

--
Colin Rosenstiel