Old June 28th 17, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Are any of the new Crossrail platforms curved?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:54:28 +0100, "
wrote:

On 28.06.17 12:35, Recliner wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 02:36:36 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

TCR looks curved to me.

https://youtu.be/9Mw0jCGl_HQ?t=1m24s

No, they're straight:

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/8-Crossrail-Tottenham-Court-Road-3D-1.jpg

http://www.dr-sauer.com/files/drsauer/public/content/file/360/upload/222c-tcsup-002-full.png

I thought that the platforms would be straight as, IIRC, current
legislation stipulates only straight platforms.

Plus, it's a given that HSE would probably have conniptions if they saw
a curved platform. So, even if it is legally possible to build a curved
platform, it would not surprise me if the engineers and designers
decided simply to build it straight in order to avoid any
"complications."

They obviously don't have to be ruler straight, but I assume there are
rules for what (large) radius is allowed. You certainly wouldn't be
allowed to build anything like the Central Line Bank platforms today.