Old May 29th 04, 01:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

"Rich":
BTW, if we want to turn left (in the USA) on to a one-way street that
only goes to the left and we are also on a one-way street, we can
legally turn left.

He means on red, of course. Otherwise it wouldn't be interesting.

That is the usual rule in North America, but there is some variation
between states and provinces. A few don't allow this, while a few
allow left-on-red as long as you're turning *into* a one-way street
(left and right turns into the same street would go into different
lanes unless the one-way street was too narrow, so there's no conflict
with converging traffic); or as long as you're turning *from* a one-way
street. See e.g. http://www.geocities.com/jusjih/signals.html.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto cat/dev/null got your tongue?
-- Jutta Degener