Old July 4th 17, 06:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
John Levine wrote:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
On train ticket inspection? I infrequently travel on HEx but last time
I did my ticket was checked.

I'm pretty sure they do 100% on train inspections.

Nope. I took HeX in from LHR and later back out last Sunday and
wasn't gripped on the way back. There was an agent but she didn't
have time to check everyone's tickets. and didn't seem at all
surprised or upset when we arrived with some of us uninspected.

For Oyster, there are separate platforms at Paddington for HeX and
Connect now which seems unlikely to change since the HeX platforms are
single ended. My question is how you put a discounted HeX advance
ticket on your Oyster. Will there be gates that can handle
contactless, paper tickets, and bar codes on my phone?

HConn use any electrified platform at Paddington other than the HEx
platforms.

And, of course, the Elizabeth line will use its own low level platforms.
But HEx standard class and Elizabeth line Oyster fares will presumably have
to be the same. Or maybe they'll still charge a small premium on Oyster on
HEx, enforced through the different Paddington gate line?