Old July 7th 17, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

"John Levine" wrote in message
news
In article ,
tim... wrote:
The statement:

"most people changing terminals would use the airside buses" implies
"most people with a need to change terminals ARE already airside"

I was supplying cases where they were landside.

Right, that was my question. How many people need to change terminals
landside. The Airlink nonsense is a plausible case, as I suppose is
people connecting between T4 or T5 and coaches at the coach terminal.

But how many people is that, compared to people who connnect to
another flight, or arrive or leave in ways that don't require an
intermediate terminal change?

I think the point that it isn't very many is the reason why they advertise
HEx to transport them for free.

There's not enough to provide a dedicated bus for, and whilst there is the
possibility of directing people to use normal busses to make that connection
the huge plethora of options at LHR means that there is a large risk casual
visitors getting on the wrong one.

tim