Old May 29th 04, 07:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

"Jeremy Parker" wrote in message

In the USA they often turnoff traffic lights at night.
When off one direction flashes yellow - that's the
major road. The other direction flashes red -
flashing red means the same as a "stop" sign.

So what's the difference between a flashing yellow and a solid green?

Incidentally, since the average life span of a traffic light bulb here is
about none months, I would imagine that the life of these flashing bulbs
must be a few weeks, unless they always use LEDs in them.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that dead traffic light bulbs have become very
common recently in London?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped