Old July 17th 17, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default London trip report.

Roland Perry wrote:
Roads are transport too, so I thought I'd share my experience from last
Friday.

Taking my car to be serviced somewhere in Leyton, the biggest driving
hazard by far was London Buses who bulldoze their way through oncoming
traffic when (as is commonplace) their side of the road covered in
double yellows etc is blocked by delivery drivers/courier vans.

And despite widespread 20mph limits, I didn't get the impression buses
thought they had to comply.

Yup, I think the bus drivers are well aware of the locations of speed
cameras, and in their absence, ignore 20mph limits.

In other news, took my first ride on a TfL Rail train into Liverpool St,
and was dismayed by a "no alcohol" policy. And there weren't even any
football supporters on the train. Welcome to 1920's USA.

All TfL trains and buses have had no a no-alcohol policy for almost a
decade.