Old July 19th 17, 05:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default London trip report.

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 23:36:16 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Monday, 17 July 2017 17:11:49 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

All TfL trains and buses have had no a no-alcohol policy for almost a
decade.

A policy that is flouted on a daily basis across all modes. I have never
seen anyone even attempt to enforce the rule. A ridiculous tokenistic "oh
look I've done something" policy from the early days of Bozza's tenure at City Hall.

I've not seen anyone enforce it, but I've also never seen anyone flout it,
either — a real surprise. Perhaps I don't travel in the right areas and
times?

I'm with Recliner. In the last few years I haven't seen anyone drinking on public transport. I have seen people drinking energy drinks, and these sometimes come in lager-looking tins.

I have seen people vaping on half-empty carriages, but that doesn't bother me.