Old July 19th 17, 08:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London trip report.

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 22:32:18 on Tue, 18 Jul 2017, Recliner
remarked:

All TfL trains and buses have had no a no-alcohol policy for almost a
decade.

A policy that is flouted on a daily basis across all modes. I have never
seen anyone even attempt to enforce the rule. A ridiculous tokenistic "oh
look I've done something" policy from the early days of Bozza's tenure at City Hall.

I've not seen anyone enforce it, but I've also never seen anyone flout it,
either — a real surprise. Perhaps I don't travel in the right areas and
times?

I remember, back in the day, seeing highly inebriated and obstreperous
"street people" late at night hanging around on the Kings Cross Circle
Line platforms with cans of drink.