Old July 20th 17, 05:43 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Plug sockets on buses

On 2017\07\19 22:27, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

"michael adams" wrote in message

I've just travelled on a bus route between Dartford and

Gravesend run by Fastrack on the way out and Arriva Kent
on the return and at the end of every pair of seats
a plug socket was set into the side of the bus.
Switched sockets on Fastrack and plain sockets on
Arriva each with a small sticker - caution 240v supply.
Nobody appeared to be taking advantage of this facility
boiling kettles, making toast etc. Is this just for
charging phones ? The journey time on Arriva is about
31 mins.

Should I just get out more ?

Only on the right kind of bus.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/about-us...ire/?tax=68212

Charging points – when we’re all so reliant on technology there’s
nothing worse than having a flat battery, so now you can charge your
smartphone, laptop or tablet on the bus at the handy seat-side sockets –
but please don’t try plugging in gadgets like your hair straighteners
because they won’t work!

I guess aluminium smelting is out then.