Old July 24th 17, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default London trip report.

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 23:36:16 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Monday, 17 July 2017 17:11:49 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

All TfL trains and buses have had no a no-alcohol policy for almost a
decade.

A policy that is flouted on a daily basis across all modes. I have never
seen anyone even attempt to enforce the rule. A ridiculous tokenistic "oh
look I've done something" policy from the early days of Bozza's tenure at City Hall.

I've not seen anyone enforce it, but I've also never seen anyone flout it,
either — a real surprise. Perhaps I don't travel in the right areas and
times?

I've seen building workers swilling lager on the way to work at 0700 in the morning and on the way home. One got on my local bus route about 1630 the other day with an open beer can. Catch a tube into town at around 7 or 8 pm on a Friday or Saturday - people openly swigging gin, vodka, whatever from bottles or filling their "water" bottles with such spirits. Plenty of booze drunk on night buses. I've not used the night tube yet but I can't believe that is immune from people drinking alcohol.

People are going to drink if they want to given the lack of enforcement and no obvious sanction or penalty.
--
Paul C
via Google