Old July 25th 17, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default New report highlghts the important role of smaller stations forpassengers

On 24/07/2017 23:27, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

I thought the JCDeCaux modular toilets were good - and if I remember correctly,
somewhat self cleaning? Are they still around?

If you mean the fully automated public toilets that self-clean after
every use then yes, they are still around, from JCDecaux and I think
other suppliers. But they are not cheap - IIRC over £25,000 a year per
toilet - and so not self-funding. Some London boroughs have got rid of
them because of the cost, looking instead to the Open London and
community toilet schemes.

Some councils do still provide loos. Hackney built new ones in its
centre a few years ago. And has just rebuilt them. They were very
popular with the rough sleepers and 24-hour drinkers who found them very
convenient.

--
Robin