Old May 29th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Turnround Times on the Underground

In article ,
(Sharon & Gordon Thomson) wrote:

What is the minimum scheduled time to be found on LU between arriving
at a
terminal point and departing in the opposite direction on the next
journey.
At the opposite extreme which terminal generally affords the longest
regular
turnaround time between journeys?
--
gordon

As already mentioned by PP, the minimum that drivers get is 4 mins.
However, an actual train turn round time can be less than this when
stepping-back is in operation. Eg at Morden, the usual train turn round
time is 2½ minutes. Mind you, when we run the training train, we often do
turn rounds in 1-2 minutes if the signal is clear (and it's actually
changing ends, not double ending) :-)

Roger
(my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages
- if you think you should have had a reply/comment,
please e-mail me again. Ta!)