Old July 26th 17, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Chris Grayling gives backing to Crossrail 2

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:43:04 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

wrote in message news
On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 02:00:37 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
In article
-septembe
r.org, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:

I think a lot of the Tyne & Wear Metro improvements are
locally funded too.

What improvements?

The ones currently under way.

So do they include new network extensions, new stations or new stock, as
Manchester Metrolink has repeatedly enjoyed?

Not sure there's anywhere left to extend it to that doesn't involve new
track
or tunneling and that won't happen because its not london. Even as a
londoner
I think the disparity between the investment the capital gets in
transport
infrastructure and what other cities get is a disgrace.

the problem is that London's spend is skewed by the huge number of people
that it has to provide transport for, who don't actually live there

True, but London taxpayers also contribute heavily to the transport
costs in Wales, Scotland and the North of England.

I find it hard to believe that operating subsidy reaches close to London's
CapEx advantages

tim