Old July 27th 17, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
DRH[_2_] DRH[_2_] is offline

Default New report highlghts the important role of smaller stations for passengers

On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 22:36:06 UTC+1, wrote:
I am getting old, and this week was diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes. I'm pretty sure that I've had it for several years, but couldn't bring myself to go to a doctor. I quite frequently need to pass water, often with little warning, and the lack of public toilets is a real problem for me. The outdoor urinal at Vauxhall is very useful; I can get off a bus, quickly pop in and get back to the stop in time to catch the next one just a few minutes later. For a long time one side always seemed to be locked, but both sides have been open recently. Pity there are no hand washing facilities. Why are there not more of these things? The recently rebuilt West Croydon bus station has a single toilet, often engaged, many others do not have even that.

I have occasionally seen the Vauxhall urinal being used by women, late at night when the indoor toilets are closed, and if wearing a dress or skirt they can do so without exposing themselves.

Good points.

For those who have not been caught short at Vauxhall recently, pix are he
https://changehere.wordpress.com/tag/urinals/

Another plus point seems to be that the structure is rugged enough to be able to be pressure-hosed down very easily thus keeping maintenance to a minimum.

If Offramp is correct it may be even be self-funding.