Old July 27th 17, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:20:33 on
Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Recliner remarked:

The big gap now is that contactless technology, which will be used by second
generation Oyster cards soon, doesn't handle railcard discounts.

I don't think contactless technology is the issue. It's just that TfL
hasn't got around to implementing railcard discounts in the back
office systems. It seems to have been concentrating first on providing
new features, rather than replicating existing ones.

On a quite galactic timescale. What is it with their IT people that such
a simple thing takes so long? Get your baseball bats out, Mr Mayor.

And people think I'm being unreasonable to spurn expections that
e-ticketing with orders of magnitude more bells and whistles will turn
up overnight.

I'm sure you'll love this proposal, then?
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/facial-recognition-technology-signals-the-end-of-train-tickets-9n329rxq9?shareToken=f42d1469eaec81ba631834332f367 4a7