Old July 31st 17, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

In message , at 14:52:54 on
Mon, 31 Jul 2017, Recliner remarked:

In other news, I've received a brand new set of Tesco Loyalty Card
keyfobs, which they claim are a vast improvement over the old ones.

Except the old ones were recognised by their self-service tills and -
CAN YOU EVEN START TO BELIEVE THIS - the new one's aren't.

It's way beyond "you couldn't make this up".

That's interesting. I've received them too, but have yet to use them.

They've at least fitted newer barcode scanners on the self-service till
I used yesterday (different branch of Tesco).

I don't think I've ever used a self-service Tesco till.

At our mid-sized superstore they are the only ones which are open
overnight.

I prefer to use them because you can check that the right price is being
charged for discounted items. Far too often the scanners pick up the
non-discounted price, and human till operators never check.