Old August 2nd 17, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
e27002 e27002 is offline

Default New York Times on Crossrail

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 10:57:43 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 09:49:26 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Robin9 wrote:

Similarly, Modern Railways has published an anti HS2 retort
from Christian Wolmar to a silly and juvenile attack from
Ian Walmsley in a previous edition.

I don't think Modern Railways is opposed to HS2.

(For what it's worth, I normally agree with Ian Walmsley and
disagree strongly with Christian Wolmar)

Of course Wolmar normally writes for a rival railway mag, in which he
regularly attacks HS2 in between his political commentaries. Rail is also
pro-HS2 and pro-privatisation, but lets Womar take the opposite position on
both.

Meanwhile there's no money left in the kitty for the MML electrification
north of bedford or improvements and electrification of various northern
routes. I can't help thinking someone in the government wants a legacy project
to look back on, rather than something thats good value for money and actually
useful to the most people.

+1 :-)