Old August 2nd 17, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New York Times on Crossrail

In article , d () wrote:

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 13:41:37 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:28 on Wed, 2 Aug
2017,
d remarked:

if you extended Thameslink that far north.

How far further north do you think Leicester is than Peterborough?

IMO the Thameslink equivalent on the ELL is the Great Northern into
Moorgate and that only goes as far north as Stevenage. All the
peterborough trains AFAIK
are fast trains that stop at very few stations.

I know you think it's above you to actually check before committing hands to
keyboard but I think you'll find that Thameslink services to Peterborough
start next year. Google "Thameslink Timetable 2018".

It will be a half-hourly service to Horsham calling at all stations between
Peterborough and Hatfield plus Potters Bar and Finsbury Park as far as the
GN section is concerned. This is as the present hourly slow GN trains from
King's Cross to Peterborough. They also replace present hourly semi-fast
trains off-peak though some extra peak trains to King's Cross will remain.
The latter will be the main use for residual class 365 units.

GTR have already constructed some stabling sidings at Peterborough to
accommodate the trains.

--
Colin Rosenstiel