Old August 3rd 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default New York Times on Crossrail

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:14:48 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:01:28 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:38:16 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 08:36:44 on Thu, 3 Aug
2017,
d remarked:

As an aside, how do trains on the ECML get south of the river, where's the

link
to the current thameslink route?

Slaps forehead

Indeed!

Indeed what? Is knowing the precise junction layouts of the various lines
a prerequsite of being able to discuss this?

I think we all assumed anyone posting here as often as you do, pouring
scorn on all and sundry, might have at least the most basic knowledge
of one of the biggest rail projects in London, which has been going on
for more than two decades. You often express strong opinions on the
Thameslink project, so it was reasonable for us to assume you might
know at least a tiny bit about what you're criticising.

So, no, we didn't expect you to "know the precise junction layouts of
the various lines," but to at least know the basics of the huge
project, including where the Thameslink and ECML routes connect.