Old August 3rd 17, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default New York Times on Crossrail

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:50:05 on
Thu, 3 Aug 2017, Recliner remarked:
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:28:02 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 07:19:00 on Thu, 3 Aug 2017, Recliner
remarked:

But IEPs aren't expected on that line.

Aren't they...

No, all the ones on order are spoken for by VTEC and GWR.

Not true: do your research.

Cite please.

Class 802/2s have been ordered for Hull Trains (5) and TPE (19).
You'll be delighted that this is confirmed by Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...#Fleet_details

Glad to see you have joined the "Wikipedia says it" bandwagon.

There's only one tph (to Nottingham) operated by HSTs, and now
electrification has been cancelled they'll have to find something else
to replace the HST. But I doubt it'll be IEPs.

Doubt it all you like…

It makes no sense to have an IEP mini-fleet to run 1tph.

There's six HSTs.

Wiki says they have 24 power cars. I agree that you probably only
actually need about six sets. But Cricklewood has numerous parked up
during the day (rather than shuttling between Nottingham and London).

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sear...03/0200-0159?s
tp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=EM

Grayling says bi-modes will replace them.

He's waffling.

No, you're the one who's waffling, having already told us that no IEPs had
been ordered other than for GWR and EC, and that no magazines had yet
covered the story that IEPs would be used on the MML.

Can you think of any other bi-modes available for immediate purchase
with 100+ mph capability? If Hull trains can operate five, why
shouldn't EMT? Presumably Hitachi will maintain them.

More likely EMT's successor will get Hull's Adelante's cascaded to them,
like the Pioneers before them.

You seem to have developed a taste for being repeatedly proved wrong…

I don't think we'll have long to wait for the class 802 order; the only
question is how many. I suspect it may be another mass extinction job.