Old May 30th 04, 05:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Keith J Chesworth Keith J Chesworth is offline

Default Bottled water on tube-air con

On Sat, 29 May 2004 23:38:07 -0000, (Mark Brader) wrote:

snip

Incidentally, a new air-conditioning system http://www.enwave.com
is now coming into use for major downtown buildings here in Toronto,
taking advantage of our location on Lake Ontario. Heat from these
buildings is transferred into water being drawn from the lake for the
city's drinking water system; the drinking water won't get significantly
warmer than it now does in summer, because the water used for this
purpose is coming from a new feed deeper in the lake where the temp-
erature is always 4 Celsius (at which water is densest). Unfortunately,
London doesn't have a Great Lake next to it...

Not really a new system, as such.

The Liverpool Post & Echo Building used/uses water pumped from the
Mersey Tunnel (I think Birkenhead Road one that is) from about the
early 1970's. Outfall is by the Peir Head Floats.

Keith J Chesworth
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
www.happysnapper.com