Old August 4th 17, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Latest RAIB on Croydon tram catastrophe

In message , at 13:30:44 on Fri, 4 Aug 2017,
Tony Dragon remarked:
On 2017-08-04 08:05:20 +0000, Roland Perry said:

There's more to do when driving a bus, therefore drivers don't fall
asleep as often. There are also very few instances of buses toppling
over because they took a bend too fast.

It certainly does happen. Indeed, it's happened a lot more with
double decker buses/coaches than it has from trams (once).
Neil

A bus and a tram met in Croydon, the bus derailed the tram.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-horrific-bus-
tram-pile-up.html

'We do not know at this stage know how many people were on board
the bus or the tram, nor how many people were in the car,' a
Metropolitan Police spokesman said.

Because even if we take our socks off, we can't count up to four or
five, being the likely maximum number of people in the car.