Old August 7th 17, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Barking Riverside Extension approved

On 2017\08\06 23:38, Paul Corfield wrote:

Inspector's report - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...pectors-report

4. Another interesting possibility of extending planned peak extra trains from Enfield to Seven Sisters onwards to Barking via the S Tott curve. As the trains will be common stock in future this would give 6 tph from S Tott to Barking in the peaks. No timescale given, though, for this possible variant service.

The exact quote in the report is "TfL planners are already considering
diverting Enfield Town to Seven Sisters trains to Barking." This might
imply that the entire Enfield service would go that way. Either way it
seems odd... here's some passenger figures from Wikipedia.

Bush Hill Park 0.992 million
Enfield Town 2.107 million

Southbury 0.834 million
Turkey Street 0.604 million
Theobald's Grove 0.352 million

(I can't get figures for Cheshunt Overground only, but it has faster
trains to the Victoria Line and to Liverpool Street via Tottenham Hale.)

So Enfield Town alone has more than the three Southbury Loop stations.

I think Enfield Town needs 8-car trains from Liverpool Street, and the
Southbury Loop should get the 4-car trains from Barking.