Old August 9th 17, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default London Waterloo international

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 09:23:25 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
A eurostar is approx 400m long. An 8 car 3rd rail EMU is 8*20 = 160m. x2

gives
320m. I'd have thought even you could have managed that maths.

Yes, and unlike you, I'm not ignorant.

I guess you were just having a senior moment and couldn't work it out then eh?

However now
they've lopped a considerable amount off the length of the platforms I doubt
two 8 cars would fit.

They've moved the buffer stops by 50m, so there will still be room for 2x8
car trains.

It looks somewhat more than 50m to me.

As for stabling 2 trains in the same platform - it happens elsewhere on the
network, why not at waterloo? Are you saying waterloo is somehow special?

No — where did I say that?

Then what exactly were you wibbling about then? Or any excuse to have a go eh?

Well its taken BRB & NR 10 years to get this far, and its been over a year
since building work actually started for them to do frankly not very much.
I have little confidence the refurbishment of the 2 floors below will be
finished anytime soon.

I'm sure they'll be devastated that an ignoramus like you has little
confidence in this large project you know so little about.

I don't need to know the details to know that 10 years to do such a small
amount of work is a ****ing joke.

The site preparation works on the station upgrade began in October 2015 and
construction works began in December 2015. The Waterloo International
station was closed for all trains services in April 2016 for construction.

Your cut and paste skills are impressive, you could get a job as a secretary
yet. Keep trying.

It all seems to be going exactly to plan so far, even without your expert
guidance.

Yes, and we all know how reliable timescales are on the railways when it comes
to engineering works.

Now, what was that about you claiming you didn't pour scorn on projects you
knew little about?

You willful misunderstanding of someones position in a feeble attempt to score
points really are tragic.

--
Spud