Old May 30th 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Turnround Times on the Underground

[Snip]
I happened to use the W&C the other day, and at Waterloo, the driver drove
the train into the depot and walked through to the other cab before

driving
the train into the departure platform.

At bank, I saw him leave the cab and walk along the platform to the other
one for the return working.

It's my understanding that during peak times, there is one driver in each
cab of the train at all times, so the trains can leave as soon as they
arrive.

Daniel.

In the peaks they have a driver waiting to take the unit straight back out,
and they do as was stated above.(Bank End) At the Waterloo end I've
sometimes seen a driver waiting for a train to shunt into the depot before
hopping in and taking it back out to Bank.

[heh]

---