Old August 9th 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster and Contactless on NR

In message , at
09:37:21 on Wed, 9 Aug 2017, Paul Corfield remarked:

How on earth does an LU employee verify a railcard and then enter the details to a customer account? This would require the customer to either
access a LU computer or for a ticket machine to be reconfigured to access the customer account database. Alternatively the customer would have
to disclose log on facilities and bank card numbers to a LU employee. That's against all good practice for secure online accounts and control
of your bank details. The only other choice is to allow people to enter railcard details against their account without verification. This is
just inviting fraud.

There may be some combination of controls and facilities that I am missing but it's not exactly straightforward.

What a rather mardy bloke grudgingly did for me at Kings Cross the other
week: take a combination of my Oyster, Railcard, and photo-licence to
add the 2nd to the 1st. Exactly the same would be just as good for
adding a railcard to a contactless credit card.