Old August 9th 17, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Barking Riverside Extension approved

On 2017\08\09 17:17, Paul Corfield wrote:

I know what the report says. TfL have had plans for extra peak hours trains between Seven Sisters and Enfield Town to try to resolve the high demand on that flow because of the large scale of interchange. Obviously Liverpool St trains are still busy and pick up many more people further south. I have seen no suggestion at all that the current 4 tph peak / 2 tph off peak Enfied - Liv St service would be diverted anywhere.

The extras can't run to LST as there aren't the paths nor any effective intermediate turnbacks. This leaves only a couple of options as to what you do with the trains once they reached Seven Sisters. You either try to reverse on the chord or you run through South Tottenham and reverse them there or on the connecting tracks towards Stratford / Clapton or you send them eastwards on the GOBLIN. Given the GOBLIN is forecast in the future to have continued levels of overcrowding, even with longer electric trains, between Barking and Blackhorse Road I can see the attraction to TfL of trying to add some extra peak frequency on this section. Anyway this is all a fair number of years away given funding constraints. I only mentioned it in the first place as an interesting snippet from the report.

Another option is to send the extras from Enfield to Stratford. This
would allow them to be 8-car, and it would give Enfield-Seven Sisters a
service that might be useful for a fair number of commuters (although
it's possible that Docklands than via Stratford might be slower than
changing at Liverpool Street for Crossrail, or even walking from Bethnal
Orange to Whitechapel). But obviously that doesn't help with predicted
crowding on the Goblin.

Do they not think that the Crossrail interchange at Wanstead Park /
Forest Gate will suck a lot of the interchange out of Blackhorse Road?
They seem to be ignoring it, sometimes omitting it from line guides etc.

Crayonista solution: Build track from Cambridge Heath to Whitechapel and
run them to New Cross.