Old August 10th 17, 12:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default London Waterloo international

On 2017\08\10 12:53, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 10/08/2017 12:27, d wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:12:53 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:

There was for a while an idea that E* could use both terminals. Not
sure who dreamt that one up, possibly a southern edition of M Bell
(Tyneside) Ltd.

There was probably a reasonable argument to keep Waterloo in service
for a
while after St P opened in case of teething problems either at the
station
or on HS1 but I suppose the cost would have been prohibitive.o

It effectively was while HS1 was still in its testing phase but there
were proposals that it would be a good idea to continue a passenger
service into Waterloo for those who found the UndergrounD too exotic.

I think it was only ever a sop to stop South Londoners complaining about
ending up on the wrong side of the river again, even for Europe.