Old August 13th 17, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default London Waterloo international

wrote:
In article , (Anna
Noyd-Dryver) wrote:

Roger Lynn wrote:
On 13/08/17 16:18, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
I thought at the time that a solution to the SWT-area passengers who
felt disadvantaged by E*'s move to St Pancras, would have been 1tph SET
Javelin from Ashford-or-beyond to Waterloo, with connecting E*s at
Ashford.
Would a Javelin have any advantage on that route over whatever third
rail stock usually operates in that region? Presumably both would be
restricted to the same line speed, which I believe wasn't very high when
Eurostars than that way?

Part of HS1 was open and used by E*s to Waterloo; I was envisioning that
395s would use HS1 and then follow the route that E* used during that
time. OTTOMH I forget the junction names involved.

Fawkham Junction was involved at one end or the other of the link.

It's at the western, third-rail end of the now-disused link. The eastern,
25 kV end connects to HS1 at the grade-separated Southfleet Junction.