Old August 18th 17, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Latest RAIB on Croydon tram catastrophe

On 18.08.2017 12:18 AM, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:05:20 on Thu, 17 Aug
2017, Clank remarked:

I'm gonna bet that worldwide more buses have toppled over in the
last 12 months than trams in the last ten years...

While still on the road (remember, leaving the road and hitting a
kerb/barrier doesn't count).

And why is that, pray tell? I presume this means the Croydon tram incident
doesn't count either, since it left the rails and hit an OLE support...

And what's the ratio of installed base of
buses vs trams.

I'm terms of investment to protect the most people, that's irrelevant -
solving the problem of buses rolling will save many more people than
solving the problem of trams rolling.