Old August 19th 17, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default A New Yorker's simple wonder at LU+LO

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\08\19 00:07, Recliner wrote:
We take things for granted in London. But here's a New Yorker's reaction to
a fairly straightforward journey through London:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-underground-better-than-nyc-subway-2017-8/#canonbury-safe-and-sound-20

[Yes, I know 378s aren't articulated, and that the LO tunnels are a *lot*
more ancient than the JLE.]

Lovely picture of Shoreditch, not!

I notice the Overground at Canada Water has what look like National Rail
next train displays, which use the second line to list intermediate
stations. Surely it had LU ones when it was part of LU. Since LO doesn't
have multiple calling patterns (apart from Hackney Downs - Bethnal
Green), I'm not sure why they downgraded the displays. Were the LU ones
junked? They must be an expensive bit of kit.

It's now an NR line, and will use the same data feeds at the former LU
stations as at NR stations. I'm sure any old LU kit that's still relevant
could have been re-used elsewhere on LU. I don't recall how the now-LO
platforms were fitted out when they served the LU ELL. I wouldn't be
surprised if it was fairly basic, like most things on the old ELL.