Old August 25th 17, 10:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default SWT & NR - from deep alliance to deep something else

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 16:46:23 +0100, "Michael R N Dolbear"
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote

Are the discounts only on Oyster off-peak fares? I think they would
be all the same in that case.

Network cards are strictly "after 10am", whereas the Senior Railcard is

"off-peak {may vary locally}"[1], and the F&F/TTG/Disabled Railcard is
"After 9.30am".

Even TfL admits: "The savings are slightly different for each card."

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...discounts-and-
concessions/railcards

But how do they know, if all railcards are coded the same??

[1] For TfL fares their blanket off-peak is *depart* after 9.30, but for

National Rail the senior off-peak is *arrive* after 10am.
==
This isn't a Railcard matter but an off-peak matter - if you use Oyster on
NR I assume depart after 9:30 still applies?

No, it varies by proximity of the station to London (Met line), the
line or pair of stations being used and which direction you travel :-
http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/peak-off-peak-and-caps/
snip