Old August 28th 17, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
John Levine John Levine is offline

Default London Oyster and Contactless on NR

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
I have a visitor arriving at Heathrow from the USA next week, and it'll
be interesting to see if his credit card works the TfL gates.

I've used my U.S. AmEx on the tube. Worked fine. It's contactless
chip and signature.

If your friend's credit card doesn't work, that's probably because
it's not contactless. In my experience the majority of US cards are
still not, even though they have contact chips.

With respect to Apple Pay and Android Pay, it was my impression that
they use the same interface as contactless cards, so they should
work automagically on any contactless payment device. I should try
my phone when I'm in London in the spring.

R's,
John