Old August 28th 17, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard[_3_] Richard[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:07:01 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,
(tim...)
wrote:

(fortunately, the machines offer instructions in 4 languages -though
you can just about bluff your way through without translation -
unlike the bloody Scandinavian offerings)

I'm very disappointed that you can't understand enough French to deal with
such everyday things. Another shameful British habit.

That's a bit harsh - unless you're suggesting that French has a
special status, which I think it has, but you can't know the language
everywhere you go. The other option is not going anywhere not on your
language list, far too limiting (even if I'm guilty of it sometimes).

Richard.